In an emergency or to report a crime, call 911.
Security and Safety Tips:
- Eliminate hiding places around your home by keeping your bushes and trees well trimmed.
- Install exterior motion detector lights to make sneaking up on your home extra difficult.
- Make sure your doors are equipped with good locks.
- Have peepholes installed in your front door so you can see who is there without having to open the door first.
- Keep drapes and blinds shut – especially in rooms where there is expensive equipment.
- Don’t leave extra keys under doormats, potted plants or any other obvious outdoor location. Thieves will generally find them.
- Never leave a car door unlocked or a window or sunroof open (even when just going into a shop for a moment or two).
- Avoid leaving anything in your car, whether valuable or not, particularly when it’s parked overnight.
- Try to park in a well-lit, open location.
- Lock your car and remove the keys.
- Always plan ahead and work out your journey to avoid going into deserted areas.
- Use the safest route.
- Choose a well-lit street.
- Stay alert to your surroundings.
- Walk confidently and purposefully.
- Always listen to your sixth sense.
- If someone grabs your things, let it go – if you hang on, you could get hurt (your safety is always more important than your property).